Department of Agricultural Infrastructure, Mechanisation and Water for Agricultural Production (DAIMWAP)
"To Support the development of agricultural infrastructure, water for agricultural production and mechanisation to enable achievement of sector objectives."
- Formulate, review, and implement policies, legislation, regulations, standards, designs, plans and strategies, for agricultural infrastructure and water for agricultural production and mechanisation;
- Provide water for animals, crops and fisheries production and development;
- Compile, analyze, maintain and disseminate data on soils, water, wetlands, semi arid areas and rangelands for sustainable animal, crop and fish production;
- Enforce legislation, regulations and standards of soil fertility management, irrigation, aquaculture, soil and water conservation, agricultural engineering, mechanization and farming systems for the development of agriculture;
- Provide equipment and technical guidance for physical farm planning, topographical, vegetation and soil surveys, classification and mapping;
- Provide technical support and guidance to local governments, NGOs and other stakeholders in management of infrastructure, water for agricultural production and mechanization;
- Establish and operationalize collaborative mechanisms with research and extension services institutions for the development, uptake and application of appropriate technologies;
- Build capacity of MAAIF, Local Governments and other stakeholders in management of systems and infrastructure, water for agricultural production and mechanization;
- Establish and operationalize collaborative mechanisms at national, regional and international levels for the management of systems and infrastructure for production, water for agricultural production and mechanization.